Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hand in Hand we March Towards Extinction


I agree with Darwin that natural selection and evolution do exist. I had an interesting experience two summers ago when a friend of mine who is British was visiting me. We were at a stake youth conference and of course he was the biggest attraction. Everyone wanted to talk to “British Chris.”
As kids were questioning him on what it was like to be British they asked him about the pound. He pulled out a pound note and on it happened to be Charles Darwin. One of the kids disgustedly said that Darwin was evil, and that evolution was in fact not true.
This in turn disgusted me. To my eyes the truth of the matter is irrefutable. Animals change. Humans have changed. We are already taller than our ancestors were… and how do you propose that you explain the difference in skin color between a Swede and a Kenyan? Are they different races? No they aren’t. What worries me most is that there are those who seek to refute Darwin and evolution saying, “God created the earth” But why cant God and science go hand in hand? They can. There is undeniable proof of the existence of evolution, there is no such proof of Gods existence, we rely on faith. But why can the two not meld? Could it be that evolution happens because that is the way god planned it? I certainly think so. And I would be inclined to state that Darwin was in fact a man inspired by God. He reveled in the creations of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment